Updated: 4 June 2017
Up until 2015, whenever someone asked me what was on my bucket list or where I wanted to travel to, I would always reply with the same three things: to marvel at the Taj Mahal in India, to explore the ruins of Pompeii in Italy and to witness the Northern Lights in Iceland.
The three I’s; India, Italy and Iceland. Three countries that couldn’t be more different, but all promise adventure.
Those things are all still on the list, and I plan to accomplish them (in fact, I visited India in April last year – more below). But since I started properly travelling, the list has grown. And it keeps growing. Every time I read another travel blog, or see something really cool on the TV, I just have to go there and experience it for myself – like that time I conquered the Czech Republic Skywalk.
So, in case you’re wondering what else I want to do and where else I want to visit, here’s what’s made my bucket list (so far):
1. Take in the Taj Mahal at sunset.
Tick. Visited India in April 2016 – find out more about my trip here.
2. Explore the ruins of Pompeii.
3. Witness the Northern Lights in Iceland.
Iceland is booked for December 2017. Literally cannot wait.
4. Wander around the ruins of Petra.
Tomorrow I’m jetting off for be five days in Jordan, where I’ll be heading to Petra. Can’t wait to be able to say I’ve ticked this one off – as it’s also one of the 7 Wonders of the New World.
5. Go whale watching in the Antarctic.
6. Hike up a volcano in Hawaii.
7. Paraglide over the Haute Alpes in France.
8. Come face-to-face with the heads on Easter Island.
9. Go paddle boarding in the Philippines.
10. Drink a pint of Guinness in Dublin.
Tick. I went to Ireland for Valentine’s weekend with my (now ex) boyfriend in February 2017. We did a tour of the Guinness Storehouse and drank copious amounts of Guinness.
11. Cuddle a Koala.
12. Sleep in a treehouse.
13. Go whitewater rafting in Canada.
14. Walk the Skywalk in Singapore.
15. Cross the Arenal Hanging Bridges in Costa Rica.
So there you have it, 15 things that are on my bucket list. What have you got on yours? Drop me a comment below and inspire me to travel somewhere else.
Note: I have “borrowed” the pictures in this post, they were not taken by me. I have linked through to the Instagram account for each.